This research aims to determine the ideal amount of quality effect for using anti – oxidant by getting the extract of lemon grass. The lemon grasses were chopped at the constant size and pressured afterwards and were tested for their physical appearance and effeitinity.
After the preliminary test in finding out the best insulator for the making of anti – oxidant out of extract lemon grass. 46 people were tested in different conditions in their body. Every 3 days, a batch of 4 280ml bottles of anti – oxidant were released from the researcher, tested and observed.After 2 weeks of testing, a conclusion was made that the most number of people, resulted in good effect are about 33 people.
Table of Contents:
CHAPTER I:Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i
Statement of the problem . . . . . . . . . . . ii
Hypothesis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . iii
Scope and limitation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . iv
Definition of terms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . v
CHAPTER II:RRL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . vi
CHAPTER III:Methodology . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . vii
CHAPTER IV:Results and discussion . . . . . . . . . . . . . . viii
CHAPTER V:Conclusion and Recommendation . . . . . ix
CHAPTER VI:Bibliography . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . x
I would like to thank my parents for helping me to finish this investigatory project. To my friends who also helped me morally in this project. And ofcourse to our hevenly Almighty God,who gave me knowledge and strenght for this investigatory project.
A. Background of the study
Lemon grasses are much known as one of the ingredients in cooking vian. Lemon grass refers to the green plants, called producers. Although not all producers have green colors, there are thousands of colors of species that do. All lemon grass have the same kind of leaves.Lemon grass is one of the herbal medical plant typing made up only one distinct layer. This layer which is made up of mineral called phosphate.Lemon grass contains mineral phosphate. This mineral is continent used as anti – oxidant that has each own essential function in terms to heal the body pain. People used these for its body healing.In this study, researchers study more about lemon grass that can give contribution in healing body pains. The purpose of this study is to find out and to determine the effect of extract lemon grass as anti – oxidant to the affected part of the body.
B. Statement of the problem
- General Objectives
* To produce the oil ointment (anti – oxidant) out of extract lemon grass.
* To find out possible effect of extract lemon grass on the body pain.
- Specific Objectives
This study aims to answer the following query:
* Can extract lemon grass be made into an anti – oxidant?
* Is there a significant effect of using this kind of anti – oxidant?
* Extract lemon grass can be made into an anti – oxidant.
* There is a significant effect of using this kind of anti – oxidant.
D. Significance of the study
This research project is important in order for us to know whether or not extract lemon grass as anti – oxidant may heal the affected part of the human body.
E. Scope and Limitation
This project is limited only on the effect of extract lemon grass as anti – oxidant (oil ointment). This is to determine the amount of extract lemon grass to be used as anti – oxidant to the human body. It does not involve comparison between the extract lemon grass and the commercial one as anti – oxidant.
F. Definition of terms
* Extract – obtain (a substance or resource) from something by a special method.
* Ointment – a smooth oily substance that is rubbed on the skin for medicinal purpose.
* Anti – oxidant – a substance that prevents or inhibit oxidation.* Producer – first and lowest trophic level.
* Energy – the strength and vitality required for sustained activity.
* Phosphate – a salt or ester of phosphoric acid.
Review of Related Literature
Studies Anti – oxidant is one of the common medicine instrument items of coast in healing the body pain. People need medicine for healing, maintenance of health, activity, body comfortable and conditioning. The constituents of anti – oxidant that may aid in support of human health is called the body conditioning. Water is essential in all the processes going on the body, without it, most of this process are related. Herbal medicine can be found in water, extract of green plants, leaves of plants and roots. It functionally supplies the materials needed for the conditioning of tissues and bones. The fore muscle, skin, brain, blood and internal organs are made up of principally of exercising. Body exercising furnishes materials that supply heat and energy. Medicines are essential for the well being at the individual. (Betaizar, EM. Companions, GP. 1981)Medicines are the most important constituents of human health. These essential elements are required for proper metabolic function of the body. The amount required in using the medicine depends upon the signal amount of illness. Extract lemon grass form an excellent supply of oil ointment. This material furnishes material for healing the body pain.Extract lemon grasses are calciferous secretions, although those of certain ointment species are composed of lemon grass, phosphate, oil, or siliceous materials. Phosphate are salt derive from phosphoric acid, H PO . It is used in the production of medicines, fertilizers, detergent, feed supplement and insecticides. (Dana, J.P. and ES. 1951).Phosphates are important to metabolism in both plants and animals including the human being. It can be found in bones and skin. (Encarta Encyclopedia)Extract lemon grasses (oil ointment) are used to make helper machine in some parts of the body. They are oily, liquid, cold to make line for medicine and for use in human body pain. (Douglas J.C. etal 1989).Extract lemon grass certain phosphate an essential oil ointment to affected part of the body. It is most abundant liquid element in human and is necessary to build strong and comfortable skin or muscular system. It also occurs in body fluid and cells, where it clothing, transmission of nerve impulses and stimulation of many body reaction. (New Standard Encyclopedia)Extract lemon grass could be used as anti – oxidant. Extract lemon grass is a drought – tolerant legume primarily produced in North Texas and South western Oklahoma. A large oil ointment company has moved and since oil ointment required a high quality medicine, the research Texas R and M developed this product into an anti –oxidant to affected part of the body acceptable to the human. (Dr. John Sij.)3.
2 kg. of chopped dry and fresh lemon grass½ kg. of oil1 strainer, electric stove, pot, knife1 ladle, mug, basin (circumference of 150 cm.)
* Collection of Lemon GrassesAll the materials needed for the study were gathered. The gathered lemon grasses were washed and dried up under the heat of the sun. The dried lemon grasses were chopped with the use of a knife. 2 (two) kilograms of chopped dried and fresh lemon grasses were weighed for the entire study.
* Preparation of Extract Lemon GrassIn preparing lemon grass, the lemon grass must be 2 kilograms. After getting the extract of lemon grass, mixed it in the boiled oil in the pot.
* UsingFour bottles were made for the entire study. In first bottle, seventy – five (75) grams of commercial efficascent and twenty – five (25) grams of extract lemon grass were given to the second treatment. In third bottle, twenty –five (25) of commercial efficascent and seventy –five (75) grams of extract lemon grass were given to the third treatment. The forth bottle served as control, meaning there was no additional of extract lemon grass.
Results and Discussions
Table 1.1 The quality of oil ointment with different proportions of extract lemon grasses and commercial efficascent in first trial.
Quality 25% 25% 25% 25%
75% C.E. 75% C.E. 75% C.E. 75% C.E.
Initial Weight 100 100 100 100
1st day 305 260 295 295
4th day 405 415 430 495
7th day 530 590 650 760
10th day 785 835 850 1050
Differences 685 735 750 950
Table 2.1 Table for the first trial
Sum of People tested D.F Mean people tested
M-T-W-6 10.595 3 17.865
T-W-6 20.000 16 23.275
TOTAL 30.595 19 6.005
More test should be done on the extract lemon grass anti – oxidant including physical appearance content tests, and using of an instron puncture test machine to test the quality effect, instead of using the hand on touch sense used in this research.A more controlled variable for making the (oil ointment) anti – oxidant out of extract lemon grass should be used.